Tuesday, July 22, 2008

CATTY CORNER


I've been a little under the weather lately. Nothing makes me grumpy like a tummy ache. Tell you what, right now I am grum-pay!

So I thought, hey, why not take it out on someone. 

And since, truth be told, all sorts of things make me grumpy - take that bird-brained cat I share space with, for instance - I further thought, why not make this a regular feature. So here it is, Catty Corner.

'DESIGN STAR' FINALLY SENT PACKING

Talking about indigestion, I just caught a rerun of Design Star, the one where Tracee gets booted.

How is it they didn't show her the scary elevator door before? I mean, my poop is prettier that the dirt-brown color she chose to paint that sunroom. Yes, sunroom. Yes, deep, dark, muddy brown. 'Cause mole-hole is the look you go for when decorating a sunroom.

Seems to me, HGTV realized quick that if they kicked off her whiny, spiteful, egotistical, delusional, back-stabbing behind, as it deserved to be on Day One, we'd all be reaching for the remote. That's assuming we weren't already fast asleep and drooling on it. Now, I don't mean to be catty - oh, wait, yes I do; cool! - but did this year's group study at the Sears Remedial School of Design? You know, the one in Snoozetown.

Anyway, when Tracee drew team leader for the infamous kitchen challenge, I heard the delightful sound of a nail gun going off on her coffin. And she did herself in, alright, by spending 7 hours shopping, while the others slaved away, returning with, like, 3 tchotchkes, and getting back way after, by her own timetable, the backsplash should've been tiled. Except it was up to her to get the tile. And she did. And she and the tile bonded during a lovely day la-la-lollygagging in various stores.

Stunned that tiling was no longer an option, Tracee declares it's time for creativity. If only! Her plan to fool this poor family into thinking they got their dream kitchen was to paint the bare backsplash brown. I swear she used paint leftover from that so-called sunroom. 

Never mind the lame effort, complete with a dishrag for a window valance. Since she failed to lay tile, she, in typical Tracee style, instead tried to lay blame – on everyone and everything else but her. And when that didn't fly, she claimed no one told her, the team leader, that maybe she should've dropped off the tile first. What, you need told?! For real? 

So Tracee leaves. And a gracious exit it is. Between sobs she manages to spit out: "These people just don't mean crap to me! ... I'm sick of being around a lot of ignorant people like that."

Pot meet Kettle.

That "ignorant" remark reminds me of the Real Housewives of New York City.

This show's a hoot! Can't wait 'til it comes back on. But can anyone explain why these ladies are friends with Ramona? She's proof that money can't buy class. She looks and sounds like trailer park trash scrubbed down then wrapped up in Prada.

Remember Bethenny's dinner party? Yeah, it was supposed to be a girls' night out, but Alex is, apparently, literally attached at the hip to her hubby, Simon, so he tags along. To a girls' night out. A little weird, those two are. Borderline creepy, even. But Ramona's screeching rudeness? Even Casey here has better manners - and he spits food on the wall! Just as well she gave some b-s excuse and left. Hate. Her.

Whew. Feels good to get that off my furry chest. It's like a dose of antacid!

I'll be doing more of that. Just keep your eye out for Catty Corner. 

BTW ... Love Jill! She's such a yenta! Yet, for all her gazillions, she's so down-to-earth, so likable, and best of all she lets her chihuahua - a glorified rat, if you ask me - lick her nostrils clean. Now that's a pet parent for ya. Meanwhile, god forbid I nuzzle (OK, nibble) mommie dearest's armpit.

No comments: