Sunday, July 27, 2008

WEIGHING IN ON HEALTH


As I mentioned earlier, I've come down with something, which is why I've been unusually quiet.





To give you an idea,
Casey here looks like I feel!




                        Bleeech!

So Mom took me to see my doctor, who I'm sure is very nice. I'm not so sure, actually, but I am sure that I'd like her much better if she didn't poke and prod and stick things in my ears - and worse!

Get me outta here!!!

I had the whole work-up and, apparently, you can be too thin. Imagine that. Well, I guess I've just been sick of the prescription food I've been getting for so long now. Prescription food! I had no idea. Those sneaky humans.

Well, because mom wants me to put on some weight - hmmph, I bet she does - she's been buying me stuff I haven't tasted in years. Fancy, smelly stuff, swimming in gravy. To quote a foodie almost as cute as me: Yummo! (For those of you who've been living in a cat condo, that's Rachael Ray.)

It's working. A bit. I rather like the sleek new me. It's a big difference from some years ago.

(Gee, thanks a lot, mother, for posting me doing my best Jabba the Hutt impersonation. You might want to be careful, say, slipping on your shoes in the morning. Just sayin'.)

Anyway, as you can see, I was obviously a tad overweight, and that caused problems, namely diabetes. That's right. For several years, I endured twice daily injections of insulin and numerous trips to the vet.

Luckily, when I trimmed down, my need for insulin vanished along with all that extra insulation. I've been needle-free now for almost two years. Woo-hoo!

No comments: