Monday, July 7, 2008

SUMMER'S A SCREAM


It's summer alright.

The A/C wheezes and puffs day and night, and still, thick blobs of hot, wet air push their way in through every cranny of this old place.

And so do my favorite playthings: palmetto bugs!

I always know when a new toy has arrived for me when I hear mommy screaming. It's as if she's as excited as I am!

Lately, these joyous outbursts have been music to my ears daily. Sometimes, to my delight, several times a day.

It's better than camp.

Like any good parent, however, mother tries not to spoil me (ha, too late!) and asks dad to take them away. I barely get any time to chase them and bat them around before I'm made to "share" with less fortunate critters who live outdoors.

That's fine, though. 

This is Florida, so summer - and the summer rains that bring bugs - last nearly all year long. Ahh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! The kitties are just darling. I just emailed this to my sister. She has three cats and two dogs.
Also love the name Tazarina!

Becky

Tazzie said...

Thanks, Becky! I look forward to meeting your sister's brood.