Sunday, July 6, 2008

HAPPY SUNDAY


Good morning! Casey woke mother up nice and early, as usual, with his howling. She doesn't mind. Really. She loves that probably the only other people who're up at that hour are ... um, hmmm, well ... no one! She gets to watch the sun rise over the ocean. All by herself.

And I get to eat, finally.

I love Sundays. Mommy makes her espresso with soy milk, then curls up on the couch with a New York Times crozzie and me. Casey almost always butts in 'cause he likes to help with the puzzle, as you can see. (He likes to think he's helping, anyway - as much as he can think.)

We meditate. Then if it's a pilates morning - as it was this fine morning - I challenge mommy by strategically placing myself on her mat and nudging her hard at key points. I'm very helpful that way.

As a reward, I get to go outside. Which, in a high-rise, means stepping out onto a concrete slab in the sky. No plants to munch on, no lizards to chase, no means of escape. (Ooh, did I say that out loud? Kidding, mom!) But there's sun and breeze and all sorts of weird and wonderful smells that tickle my adorable little button nose.

All makes me very sleepy.

No comments: